Re: Youth and Recreation Coordinator
Opening Date: April 14, 2016
Closing Date: May 6th, 2016
Binche Keyoh is looking for an energetic, outgoing, Youth and Recreation Coordinator, who will work for the community membership and together with Binche’s Leadership, Band Coordinator and Binche Keyoh Bu Society. The person will be a self-starter, motivated, responsible, and bondable, have a positive demeanor with a team player & professional attitude and be able to keep information confidential and is willing to learn and train to further skills. The main focus will be the development, organizing, and implementation of community and or youth recreation services.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The goal of this position is to engage the community in social and physical activities to promote and develop active and healthy lifestyles and perspectives.
- Plan and implement training opportunities, such as workshops, exercise programs, travel and expedition trips, cultural and language activities, youth programs and services, and other activities as determined by the community
- Must be a team player who is interested in supporting the development and success of Binche Keyoh members.
- Set annual goals and implements work plans
- Supervise and take a lead role in activities for youth and the community
- Recruits, trains and oversees any and all volunteers for all functions
- Responsible for the set up and clean up of all recreation activities
- When appropriate, accesses and secures additional funding for youth and recreation programs and services
- Participates in the departmental budget planning as required
- Work with the Administration Staff to organize scheduling of the gymnasium during weekdays, weekends, and holidays
- Strong written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Leadership, supervisor & organizing skills
- Strong computer skills (Excel, Word Processing, Spreadsheets, Data Base, Publisher, Email, Internet)
- Knowledge of how to form and keep a financial budget
- Flexible schedule to accommodate evening and weekend work as needed
- Work independently as well as within a team setting
- Strong and good public relations
- High School Diploma
- 2 years related experience, specifically in community and or youth engagement.
- Computers, or office management is an asset
- Proposal writing would be considered a valuable asset
- Valid Driver’s License (Class 5) Class 1 or 2 would be a valuable asset
- Occupational First Aid certificate (Level 1 minimum)
All are welcome to apply, but only those selected will be called. Please no phones calls.
Please email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org