– Dec 7th, Saturday, Community Craft Fair from 11:00am to 5:00pm
– Dec 9th, Monday, Christmas Bingo! 7:30pm to 10:00pm
– Dec 15th, Sunday, Christmas Community Dinner 5:00pm to 6:00pm
The elections for the first Binche Whut’en Chief and Council will be held on January 7th, 2020 at the earliest. Voting will be done either online, or through mail in ballot. The polling station will be located at the Binche Community Centre, starting at 8:00am to 8:00pm. The eligible voters list has been posted at the Binche Community Centre. Eligible voters must be a registered member of Binche Whut’en, and be at least 18 years of age as of January 7th, 2020.
A Nomination Meeting will occur December 16th at the Binche Community Centre from 5:00pm to 7:00pm.
Nominations will be open for the following positions:
- One (1) Chief (on-Reserve resident);
- Four (4) Councillors (on-Reserve residents), one of whom will be a Youth Councillor and one will be an Elder Councillor. There will be 2 on-reserve General Councillors.
- One (1) Councillor (off-Reserve resident)
Electoral Officer Contact Information:
Phone #: 778-300-2485
Fax #: 778-300-2507
P.O. Box: 2039
Fort St. James BC V0J 1P0
Attached below you will find a copy of our election code, as well as our election schedule. You will also find a questionnaire that was handed out during the last meeting. We would appreciate your feedback. Answers can be dropped off at the Binche Community Centre. An eligible voters list as been posted at the Binche Community Centre.
We will be having a Band Member’s meeting, November 10th at the Binche Community Center, 2:00 PM to 4:00 PM. below you will find links to the Agenda and the final draft of the election code. Those who wish for a link to the video conference, let me know.
Update: Deadline has been postponed to October 8th.
Binche Whut’en seeks to fill the position of Health Director. The successful applicant will have a history of demonstrated dynamic leadership in a health, education or social service First Nation organization serving rural aboriginal people.
Education and Experience:
- Post secondary education in Health Administration, Public Health or related field
- Minimum two years managerial experience including supervision of staff, preferably in the Health Care field
- Experience or education in Health Program Planning, Administration and Evaluation
- Experience developing, monitoring and maintaining budgets
- Experience and/or education in developing policy, strategic plans, work plan, community health plans and annual reports
- knowledge of aboriginal culture, and the ability to integrate traditional and mainstream practices as a central and vital part of all health service delivery
- Ability to collect and interpret Health related statistical data and to prepare reports
knowledge and skills in developing and implementing emergency response planning procedures
- Strong proposal writing skills
- knowledge of first Nations funding agencies
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to maintain and promote client confidentiality
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and other related computer software
- Valid Class 5 BC Driver’s License
- Own reliable transportation
- Salary: Commensurate with knowledge and experience
Deadline for applications: October 8, 2019
Please send cover letter, resume and 3 references to:
PO Box 2039
Fort St. James, BC V0J 1P0
• 2 years (Required)
• Diploma or equivalent (Required)
• Binche Whut’en
• Class 5 (Required)
• British Columbia (Required)
• English (Required)