Update: Deadline has been postponed to October 8th.
Binche Whut’en seeks to fill the position of Health Director. The successful applicant will have a history of demonstrated dynamic leadership in a health, education or social service First Nation organization serving rural aboriginal people.
Education and Experience:
- Post secondary education in Health Administration, Public Health or related field
- Minimum two years managerial experience including supervision of staff, preferably in the Health Care field
- Experience or education in Health Program Planning, Administration and Evaluation
- Experience developing, monitoring and maintaining budgets
- Experience and/or education in developing policy, strategic plans, work plan, community health plans and annual reports
- knowledge of aboriginal culture, and the ability to integrate traditional and mainstream practices as a central and vital part of all health service delivery
- Ability to collect and interpret Health related statistical data and to prepare reports
knowledge and skills in developing and implementing emergency response planning procedures
- Strong proposal writing skills
- knowledge of first Nations funding agencies
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to maintain and promote client confidentiality
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and other related computer software
- Valid Class 5 BC Driver’s License
- Own reliable transportation
- Salary: Commensurate with knowledge and experience
Deadline for applications: October 8, 2019
Please send cover letter, resume and 3 references to:
PO Box 2039
Fort St. James, BC V0J 1P0
• 2 years (Required)
• Diploma or equivalent (Required)
• Binche Whut’en
• Class 5 (Required)
• British Columbia (Required)
• English (Required)
Binche will be having a members meeting at our community center this Thursday, May 16th at 5:00PM. The main topic of discussion will be concerning the election for chief and council. Video conferencing will be available via invite only. To request video conferencing please email me at email@example.com or send a pm to our Facebook page here.
April 18, 2019
Employment opportunities: SOCIAL DEVELOPMENT WORKER, OFFICE ASSISTANT, OPERATIONS & MAINTENANCE WORKER(S)
Binche Whut’en is accepting Resumes for the part-time position of a Social Development Worker, an Office Assistant, and O & M Worker(s).
The Social Development Worker will administer the Social Development program. Duties and responsibilities may be of a wide range of social development activities.
Office Assistant will be responsible for preparing agendas, recording meeting minutes, excellent written and verbal communication skills, thorough understanding of office management procedures, proficiency in MS Office, book keeping experience preferred.
Applicants for the O & M positions should have experience in all areas of Operations & Maintenance and must have a valid Class 5 Drivers License and a Small Waters Ticket. Training may be provided to successful applicants.
To submit your resume or for more details, contact Manager at Binche Administration Office, or mail to Binche Whut’en, P.O. Box 2039, Fort St. James, B.C. VOJ 1PO or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Closing date April 26, 2019.
- Take Home Naloxone Training is offered to you at your convenience in the comfort of your home, at your organization/work location and at the health centre.
- 1 to 1 ½ hour (depends on number of people in training.)
- Training includes; a quiz, a power point presentation with a video on how to recognize an overdose and how to use the naloxone kit. (You will practice using the kit and receive a free kit.)
- We also have additional information on Fentanyl/Naloxone/overdoses and can chat about other health questions you may have.
- We can share stories and learn from one another.
If you are interested and would like more information from Nadine or Denyse please post your name on the “Contact info” sheet or call the health centre at: 250-648-3350. We can visit you either during the day or do evening training.
- Tl’azt’en Nation Health Center:
April 30th from 4 to 6pm (everyone welcome)
- Nancy Tom Health Center:
May 1st from 1 to 3pm (everyone welcome)
Below you will find links to post-separation statement of consent forms for transferring to Binche Whut’en. These forms are different than the previous statement of consent forms, as these one’s require a Band Council Resolution. These are not only open to Tl’azt’en members wishing to transfer to Binche Whut’en, but for anyone from any other band wishing to transfer to Binche Whut’en. This process normally takes about 6 months, but INAC has approved the expediting of these documents temporarily so anyone who missed out on the previous process can still transfer to Binche in a timely matter. Keep in mind this is only temporary. After this expedited process ends, we’ll revert back to the normal 6 month process. For minor consent forms we still require signatures from both parents. Copies of legal documents for custody or record of death must be provided if the other parent is not available to sign, or legal guardianship documents must be provided. If you can not contact the other parent for other reasons, a Statement in Lieu of Parent Signature form must be signed. Right now we are prioritizing reaching out and getting these documents filled.
If you require assistance, or want to confirm you, or your family are on the Binche band list, you may contact me at the Binche Band Office at 250-648-3232, or my direct line at 778-300-2485. You can also email me at email@example.com or fax me at 1-778-300-2507
Unfortunately we require originals, so emailed or faxed documents will not be excepted. You can print out these documents, fill them out, then mail to the following address.
204 Mandine Dr. PO Box 2039
Fort St. James BC V0J 1P0