On March 28, 2015 an Interim Leadership Team was elected at a duly convened annual general meeting, approximately 50 members attended the meeting in Fort St James BC, Verne Tom, Jessica Erickson, Gloria Duncan and Joshua Hallman were appointed to the Binche Whut’en Chief and Council by the community members for a one year term. Furthermore on January 14, 2018 Band Members voted unanimously to have the Interim Elected Leadership Team move forward to properly consult all members and have youth involved in planning and preparation of the new Band prior and post referendum day. It is anticipated that an election be called anytime after 3 months.
Binche Keyoh will be launching Community Bus Service servicing the region. We are seeking drivers with Class 1, Class 2 or Class 4 Drivers license.
Job Type: Full Time, Casual
– Transport customers in accordance with Company policies, observing all traffic laws and safety rules
– Provide maximum safety for passengers while on the bus and during loading and unloading.
– Courteously and professionally interact with customers
– Collecting fare
– Perform pre and post trip inspections
– Cleaning vehicles
-Must hold a valid driver’s license, Class 4, Class 2 or Class 1, a with a demonstrated record indicating safe and responsible vehicle operation
-Significant level of skills dealing effectively with the passengers
-Willing to work shifts, including split shifts, weekends, and statutory holidays
Drivers License Training may be provided for selected applicants.
How to Apply:
Contact Josh or Dave at Binche Community Centre
The September issue of the Binche Newsletter. See what’s been happening in the Binche community.
View below or Download Here
See what exciting things are happening with the Binche community.
Re: Youth and Recreation Coordinator
Opening Date: April 14, 2016
Closing Date: May 6th, 2016
Binche Keyoh is looking for an energetic, outgoing, Youth and Recreation Coordinator, who will work for the community membership and together with Binche’s Leadership, Band Coordinator and Binche Keyoh Bu Society. The person will be a self-starter, motivated, responsible, and bondable, have a positive demeanor with a team player & professional attitude and be able to keep information confidential and is willing to learn and train to further skills. The main focus will be the development, organizing, and implementation of community and or youth recreation services.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The goal of this position is to engage the community in social and physical activities to promote and develop active and healthy lifestyles and perspectives.
- Plan and implement training opportunities, such as workshops, exercise programs, travel and expedition trips, cultural and language activities, youth programs and services, and other activities as determined by the community
- Must be a team player who is interested in supporting the development and success of Binche Keyoh members.
- Set annual goals and implements work plans
- Supervise and take a lead role in activities for youth and the community
- Recruits, trains and oversees any and all volunteers for all functions
- Responsible for the set up and clean up of all recreation activities
- When appropriate, accesses and secures additional funding for youth and recreation programs and services
- Participates in the departmental budget planning as required
- Work with the Administration Staff to organize scheduling of the gymnasium during weekdays, weekends, and holidays
- Strong written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Leadership, supervisor & organizing skills
- Strong computer skills (Excel, Word Processing, Spreadsheets, Data Base, Publisher, Email, Internet)
- Knowledge of how to form and keep a financial budget
- Flexible schedule to accommodate evening and weekend work as needed
- Work independently as well as within a team setting
- Strong and good public relations
- High School Diploma
- 2 years related experience, specifically in community and or youth engagement.
- Computers, or office management is an asset
- Proposal writing would be considered a valuable asset
- Valid Driver’s License (Class 5) Class 1 or 2 would be a valuable asset
- Occupational First Aid certificate (Level 1 minimum)
All are welcome to apply, but only those selected will be called. Please no phones calls.
Please email resume to: email@example.com